Protomet, an award-winning provider of engineering and manufacturing services, announced today that it has released its first aftermarket clamping board rack – ClampForce™ – under its PTM Edge brand of watersports products.
For the past 5 years, Protomet has supplied the industry’s premier clamping board racks to boat manufacturers including Tigé, Malibu, Supra and Centurion. The company will now market its own aftermarket racks through all PTM Edge dealers nationwide.
“This was a direct response to market demand,” said Jeff Bohanan, President of Protomet. “Customers of PTM Edge have come to expect the highest level of quality and workmanship from their marine products, and they wanted an aftermarket clamping board rack from PTM Edge – so we created ClampForce.”
The new ClampForce board racks:
- Lock boards tightly down with a simple pull of a lever
- Release with the push of a button
- Quickly swivel inward for easy access to boards (as well as access to storage)
- Hold up to two (2) boards per side
- Are entirely machined from aerospace-grade billet aluminum
- Are electropolished and anodized for a premium finish that will provide years of maintenance-free use
- Easily mount to towers with a 1.2-inch square four-bolt pattern
- Are designed and manufactured in the USA
“ClampForce gives consumers access to a world-class clamping board rack for their boat, no matter what boat they have,” Bohanan said. “With our national dealer network, these racks will be readily available to anyone who wants one.”
Protomet makes and markets boating mirrors, wakeboard racks, ski/wake towers and other boating components under the PTM Edge Watersports brand for boats of all kinds. The PTM Edge product line has won numerous awards including the IBEX Innovation Award for its ski/wake towers.
PTM Edge is part of the Protomet family of companies and is headquartered in Oak Ridge, TN. The company was named one of Tennessee’s “Fast 50” (the state’s fastest growing companies). Protomet Corporation is currently undergoing a $30 million expansion and will hire 200 new employees within the next five years.
For more information about PTM Edge, visit www.PTMEdge.com or visit Protomet at www.Protomet.com.
Media inquiries: Contact Rick Laney at Rick@RickLaneyMarketing.com or call (865) 300-4538.